Movement Disorders Services
The Center for Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders provides the following services:
- Specialized medical diagnosis and treatment of Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders.
- State of the art neurosurgical therapies including deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders.
- Opportunity to participate in research including clinical trials, genetic studies and neuroimaging.
- Clinical social work case management services.
- Inpatient consultation services at Jackson Memorial Hospital and Medical Center and the University of Miami Hospital and Clinics.
- Interdisciplinary Clinic in partnership with St. Catherine’s Rehabilitation Center for patients with Parkinson’s disease. The team consists of a social worker, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech therapist and a physician and/or advance registered nurse practitioner.
- Community outreach activities including support groups, wellness and exercise sessions, educational seminars for patients, families and health professionals.